Friday, May 05, 2006

Just a thought...

Hi again,

Today mummy is full of energy. I did all the housework, go to the nearby shop and I feel like communicating with you. I was just thinking, instead of just telling you about our mummy and daddy's daily life and also about your growing progress, I believe I need to share with you my principles and philosophy in life. You need not follow all my habits and believes. I just want you to know and understand. And you decide your own believes, principles and what you want in life.

For today let's talk about money. We need money to survive. We need money to pay bills, food, education, tranport and bla bla bla... *Erkkk.. I just brag that am energetic today. But I just had a major headache and vomitted a whole lot of papaya..sigh*
But money can never determine that we will end up in heaven when we die. In this world money can destroy relationship with loved ones and family, it can buy you, you can earn respect and some people marry a person because of money. Because of money people can do a lot of bad things just to get more of it. Money makes people feel secure. It is happening every where. I meet these people all the time. I am sick of it. But I cannot do anything about it. I don't have a magic wand to change people's attitude towards money.
I know a few people who have lots of money and many properties in a few countries. But they are not happy. They are aware that there a many things lacking in their life such as love, faithful kids, faithful spouse, health etc. People who grew with lots of money and end up losing money and struggle through their life may know the meaning of money. It is just a paper to get by our daily life. For people who grew up with not much money may forget themselves when they are richer. It is sad to see these people. Actually these people don't own their money but their money own them. There are people who respect people who they thought have lots of money just because these people wear expensive stuff. Only Almighty God knows that they may have tonnes of credit card debts. By the way try not to buy things using credit card or on instalment. You will end paying a lot of interest if you don't pay it on time. Never ever make use of other people money. You must earn your money the halal way. For girls, husband money should not be abuse. Just buy what is needed. We must save for future education for our next generation.
Anyway these are people in the world. There are nice people in the world who always help the needy and live a simple life. These are the kind of people ought to be respected. To mummy, money is just a piece of paper. I am not rich. I don't dream of having tonnes of money for myself. I just need money for supporting my kids basics and education and to get by my daily life. I will make use of money for education. I may only splurge on expensive useful things once a while. This is just not to let my kids feel deprive of luxury. This luxury ought to be earn like being top 10 in schools etc. When you are working, I don't need you to earn more than $10000 per mth to make me happy. I would be happy if you could read and understand the Quran, you do volunteer work, help the needy and cause no harm or difficulty to anybody including strangers. It is important for you to pay your Zakat. This is to cleanse your wealth. If you go to the mosque always try to donate some money even as little as $2.
Eventhough mummy don't love money that doesn't mean I gave away money easily. I will select the people to help in terms of cash. If our help will make a person worst, I will not offer any. For example, if that person splurge or spent on haram things, no way am going to help that person. It all depends on my judgement and trust. If this person always cause problems and expect help easily, I may not help just to show that person need to be more responsible to his own life.
Money is complicated. People have different views about money. I believe there are millions of people don't agree with me. But I don't care. As long as I am not blinded by money, I am happy. So my dear darling.. always zakat sincerely not to gain respect or show to people. It is all between you and Allah. Insya-Allah
Love you
Mummy

Post a Comment

posted by Luft & Thea at 6:05 PM