Friday, May 19, 2006

Strict Mummy!

Dear Baby,

It's 5.15am. I get to sleep about one hour. The weather is too warm. With the air con and the fan on it doesn't help at all. While trying hard to sleep again, I remembered about a few people offering to take care of you as long as I paid them.

I don't think that will ever happen. I will not let anybody take care of you except a good childcare centre. Childcare centres teachers are well trained. I will definitely choose a good place for you. My criteria include hygiene, manners, communication skills, safety of the centre, the influences of the centre and other things.

One of daddy's relative offered to take care of you so that she can stop working and be a housewife. She got two kids on her own. I don't like the idea. I did not reply to her suggestions. I understand that different family have different family values and expectations. The reason I don't want the relative to take care of you because I don't want to blame her if you have pick up a bad habit or attitude. If you pick up a bad habit or attitude and I'm the one who take care of you full time, I will blame myself if your wrong doing is because of my disciplining skills or even parenting skills.

At the same time, I also do not want to take care of other people's children. I don't want them to blame me if anything goes wrong and I want to concentrate on you alone. The first seven years of your life is very important. This is when I input you with good habits, character and discipline. I don't want any outside influences to affect your up bringing. I admit that I may not be the best mother in the world. There will be a few things I am lacking of but at least I am satisfied with my own way of bringing you up. The character, personality and attitude you going to have maybe from me or your daddy.

I am a strict person by nature. Your bedok cousins and my students know about mummy being a strict person. I can be nice person that anybody can crack a joke with. But when it comes to discipline, character, personality and attitude I am very strict about it. For example, if I call you and you did not answer me immediately, I'll get angry. By doing that I will feel you are not being attentive.

I might give you 3 chances if you make a mistake. After the 3rd chance you will have to face the music. When I say I am going to punish someone, I will really do it. I will not just say it to scare you. I don't do that. Even if you cry, I won't be lenient. One of your cousin like to cry whenever I said no to her. She always use this trick to her mother too. I let her cry. I let her sulk. I give her sometime to show tantrum. Within one hour I will talk to her and explain to her about my act. I will talk some senses to her. Eventually she understand and everything is fine. Most of the time when they are naughty, I will just look at them with a firm face and immediately they know that they did something wrong. All of them will tell each other to behave well. Of course there are occasions where they are just stubborn. I will be firm and talk to them, sometimes I do raise my voice, and eventually they will understand my act too.

I think by now you should know my style. I guess you will be about 11 to 12 years old when you read this. Your daddy is strict too. I've seen him scold his nephews. I don't know who is more strict me or daddy. It is all up to you to decide. By now you might know who are more particular about certain things.

I just want you to know even if I turn out to be the Lion Queen, I will always love you with all my heart.

-Mummy_

Post a Comment

posted by Luft & Thea at 5:17 AM