Friday, May 12, 2006

Tour

Dear Sweety,

Today mummy and daddy went for a tour. Not on holiday tour but hospital tour. We went for Gleneagles hospital tour. All the staff are professionals. Both our doctors stationed at Gleneagles. We went to look at the maternity ward for single and double bed rooms only. I still feel SGH is still better in terms of room. SGH rooms are bigger and most importantly, the sofa for daddy to sleep is more comfortable. At Gleneagles the sofa is not so comfortable. The ward area is very quiet. It doesn't have a cheerful environment. In the nursery, I can only see a few babies. The nursery environment..hmm ok only.

I was a bit uncomfortable there. So we went to Mount Alvernia hospital. The small lane to go to the hospital was a bit eerie. The outlook of the hospital is depressing. But when I stepped in the hospital, I felt very calm. The nurses are friendly. I saw a nurse entertain a toddler she bump into at the lobby. She told the boy to wait for awhile and gave the boy an apple. That was a nice sight. At least the nurses are warm and friendly. There is a chapel in the hospital and a few crosses. Daddy was uncomfortable about it. I insisted we just enquire about the hospital charges since we are there. No harm asking. We found out that the charges are so much cheaper. The staff who attended to us was very casual and we feels at ease asking her. We don't feel pressured at all. I persuade daddy to follow me to the ward area. It was quiet but peaceful. I like it. The nursery is also more cheerful, well furnished and cleaner. It was not an eyesore at all. What I like most about this hospital is the cleanliness. The lobby was clean, the nursery was clean, the wards was clean and even the toilet was super clean. I am very satisfied with the cleanliness.

Very likely we will choose Gleneagles eventhough the environment was a bit more serious. I might choose two bedded room because the sofa, in single bed room, for daddy to sleep was so uncomfortable. I will let daddy sleep comfortably at home. I know daddy prefer Gleneagles because there is not much religious stuff involved. And there is also Halal food kitchen in the hospital. Both our doctors are senior doctors. Even our gyne is a senior doctor at KKH but he will not do any delivery at KKH. I don't know why. Maybe doctors can only choose two hospitals to work with. Well... I don't know.

This Saturday there will a hospital tour at Mount Alvernia. We might be going there. Readers who read this blog, it will be great if you can give your opinion about Gleneagles or Mount Alvernia hospital. I can only choose these two hospitals since my gyne attached to these hospitals. Thanks!

Mummy gonna try to sleep now. Tomorrow will be a long day. We are going out with your Bedok cousins.

Nite Nite Sweetheart.
Mummy

Post a Comment

posted by Luft & Thea at 1:24 AM