Friday, August 18, 2006

What's in the name?

Dear Hilman,

Mummy love you very much. You are sleeping right now. Something makes me think about the future. I maybe rambling.. I don't think I am experiencing depression. Have I mention why mummy and daddy chose Fa'iz Hilman as your name? At first mummy wrote a list of names which means patience. I let daddy do the final decision. Daddy chose Hilman. Hilman means polite and patience. I chose names with such meaning because I don't want you to be hot tempered and abusive. I don't want you to have any such traits. I know it all depends on the up bringing but I still believe the names we chose plays a part. Sometimes you cried and you are impatient and sometimes agitated. But when I called out your name Hilman you calm down and wait for me to carry you. I am always here for you. To protect and love you. But I hope I won't be overprotective because it can be bad for your upbringing. If you are wrong, you are wrong. I won't defend you blindly. You have to know what is right and wrong. Allah will punish those who hurt other people and do wrong doings in the world. I will go to ANY extend to protect you from bad example even if it hurts me badly.

Now how did Fa'iz come to the picture. Daddy said Hilman has a good meaning. But if you are too patient it can be bad too. hmmm very hard to comment about this. I believe we can be patient up to certain extend. Daddy wants to have a name which means successful. I agreed. Again I list names which means successful. From the list daddy chose the name Fa'iz. So that's how we come out with the meaning Fa'iz Hilman. Actually there's no aprostorphe (tak tau eja ahh) It should be Faiz Hilman. But daddy wants people to have the correct pronounciation for your name so he decided to put ('). I think you notice that daddy have the upper hand in choosing your name. Why is that so? It is because in Islam, daddy will be questioned and responsible if he gives you a bad name. Daddy will be punish if he gives you a name with bad meaning. That's why I let daddy have the upper hand in choosing your name. In fact most of the things I let your daddy have the upper hand because he is responsible for our actions. But if he ever decide or do something wrong, I will definitely stick to my decision especially if it concerns Halal and Haram. So far Alhamdulillah, daddy can be reasonable at times.

I really hope I can educate you well. I want you to be a good Muslim. That what matters most. Even if you have everything in the world but your character hurt and unacceptable in Islam, it is useless. All your wealth is celebrated with syaitan. Before I was pregnant, during pregnant and after being pregnant; I detest abuse and violence. I really pray hard you won't have any of those syaitan character.. Nauzubillah. mithzalikk..

Love
Mummy

Post a Comment

posted by Luft & Thea at 2:25 PM