Sunday, March 25, 2007

Eve of Mummy's birthday

Dear Son,

It is 7 mins to midnight. It will be 26th March 2007. You are fast asleep beside me. Daddy is fast asleep too. Today for the first time I went to a wedding invitation with you alone. Daddy was to sick to go with us. I was upset but what can I do. It was fun at the wedding. Eventhough I missed meeting some of your uncles because we were late at least I get to meet 2 of them. Yeah.. my family is a busy family. It's hard for us to get together. Just now one of them want to meet up with us again next month for tahlil. But the date not confirmed yet because we got to check with 2 other uncles.



When we were home, mummy woke daddy up and asked him to get ready so that we can go to a&e at SGH. Doctor said daddy was fine. He just coughed too much that he strain his chest. But I did not hear him cough. I only heard him trying to remove his phelgm in the toilet. Maybe I was too busy to notice. After the check up we went to Swensens at Orchard Road. Daddy really want to eat there. I asked him if he was okay.. he answered "I also need to eat what!" Anyway, it was fun watching you eat fries for first time. You were also busy looking at a baby seated next to us. You are a very friendly baby.




Now it's midnight. Your cousin Hannah called me up to wish Happy Birthday and followed by sms "Aunty thea 'happy b'day 2 u!" and another sms from Aunty Izan wishing me "Selamat Hari Tua!" It so sweet of them.

This is the first time I did not asked daddy what's his plan for my birthday. He always complained that it is difficult to surprise me because I always plan everything in advance and I always want to know what's going on. So this this year I decided not to ask.

Seems like this year I fuss a lot about my birthday. Maybe with your presence makes it so special to me. Or maybe mummy da buang tebiat pasal da 33! hahahahaha

Earlier today I was so stressed up that I cried. Maybe I was devastated that I want to go out quickly to catch up with my siblings but you were crying and makes things difficult for me. I tried to calm you down but failed. Out of sudden I broke down and cried. Instead you laughed happily when I cried. Mummy look very funny when mummy crying is it? At that time daddy was in the room sleeping.. I guess. True enough, I did not get to meet everybody. As always there's always something to disappoint me when I look forward to something. I always tell myself not to look forward for anything but it is hard not to do so.

Anyway son, this is part of my life. I love you darling. Big smooch for my son, Fa'iz Hilman.

Post a Comment

posted by Luft & Thea at 11:53 PM